Due to our upcoming expansion and the growing needs of the business, we are altering out pay dates. Beginning on Friday, October 9th, our new pay date will be every other Friday. All payroll dates up to October will remain the same. Department Heads please note: All other Payroll dates and deadlines remain the same.
We wanted to touch base with you in regards to unemployment. The Department of Labor is not going to extend the job attached status period which means TMs will have to follow the process of searching for a job and submitting contacts. We are working
with the Department of Gaming and State to get table games back open (and call our remaining furloughed TMs back to work) as soon as possible, the latest indication that we have received is that we are likely not going to get the needed permission
to do this until early August. All furloughed TMs are still “job attached” with respect to us, no one is being terminated or laid off (even if they have to look for other jobs to comply with unemployment requirements), and furloughed
TMs still have access to benefits under the plan/protocol that we put together and distributed. In the meantime, there are some positions that we have available right now which would allow anyone who wants to work in those jobs temporarily until
table games reopens or their current position is approved.
Some of those positions are Stewards, Public Area and Security. If you would like to begin working now and begin paying off your owed premiums and get your Paid Time Off back in accrual status, please reach out to Human Resources at 720-406-3800.
If you are not on the schedule to come back for phase one of the opening, but are looking to come back to work you can make a temporary transfer to Security (15.50per hour) or Public Area Housekeeping ( 13.50 – 15.00 per hour depending on shift)
Once your department can welcome you back you will get an immediate transfer back. If you are interested in coming back in one of these roles please contact Human Resources at 720-406-3759.
To all Monarch TMs:
Thank you for your continued patience and eagerness to get back to work. We know this period has been incredibly challenging for our entire Team, as well as your families. We are excited that our sister Atlantis property will likely be reopening on
June 4, and they will be sharing their best practices as we navigate this new normal.
Please know that, since the onset of the pandemic, Monarch's senior leadership team has been tirelessly engaged in developing detailed safety protocols and reopening procedures to make our casino as safe as possible for Team Members and guests.
Regarding the timing of our re-opening, as many of you might have heard, on May 26th Governor Polis announced that he would review a variance request from Gilpin County to re-open the County's casinos, if the County chose to submit such a request.
I am happy to share that the County has indeed submitted a request to re-open all casinos as soon as possible. At this time we do not have any indication as to when the Governor will allow us to re-open, but rest assured that we are doing everything
we can to open as quickly and as safely as possible.
We have been closely working with the Colorado Division of Gaming, the CDPHE, Gilpin County, the Governor's office, and other state and local officials to seek input on these plans. While not official until the state approves, we wanted to share with
you what we have in mind when you return.
Some of what we are planning is listed below. Each department will have more specific procedures in place.
- All Team Members will be tested for COVID-19 prior to returning to work
- All Team Members, vendors and guests will have their temperature checked when entering the resort
- Anyone displaying a temperature over 100.4 F will be asked to return after they have satisfied applicable CDC/Colorado state guidelines for ending isolation following resolution of symptoms.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- All Team Members will wear masks or cloth face coverings while on property
- If appropriate for the job function, certain Team Members will be provided gloves
- All vendors will be required to wear a mask while on property
- Physical Distancing
- The property will limit occupancy to a limited percentage of floor space and adhere to physical distance best practices
- All restaurants and bars will reduce seating to allow for appropriate distancing between each table and between guests in accordance with state guidelines
- We will conduct a thorough cleaning of the property daily
- Hand Sanitizer dispenser units will be placed at key guest and Team Member contact areas such as driveways, reception areas, hotel lobbies, the casino floor, restaurant entrances, cages, ATMs, kiosks, restrooms, meeting and convention spaces and
- All Team Members will go through extensive training prior to re-opening to include:
- Proper hand washing
- Safety and sanitation protocols
- How to properly use and dispose of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- How to respond to presumed cases of coronavirus infection on property
- Stay home if they do not feel well
- Team Members are also instructed to contact a manager if they notice a coworker, vendor or guest with flu-like symptoms
This list is not all inclusive, but rather a summary of the numerous steps we are taking to ensure the health and safety of our Team Members, guests, and vendors. Please continue to monitor this website and our Social channels for updates.
Finally, rest assured that as soon as the government allows us to reopen, we will be contacting all Team Members directly with details for their return to work, which will include training for enhanced health and safety protocols. Also, per our earlier
update, we are pleased to announce that your core health insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision & flexible spending) will continue to be available at least through June 30, 2020 and any missed contributions for health insurance coverage
will be deducted from your paychecks upon your return to work. We can't wait to bring the Team back together!
Be well and stay safe,
Please note: Your core health insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision & flexible spending) will continue to be available through the duration of the current government closure order. Any missed contributions for health insurance coverage will
be deducted from your paychecks upon your return to work, which will be allocated equally over the first three pay periods after you resume working. The availability of coverage and the allocation of deductions may need to be modified based on
any extensions to the government’s closure mandate, in which case further updates will be provided. Effective May 1st, 2020, all furloughed Team Members, who are enrolled in the Colonial Supplemental programs (accident, critical illness,
disability or life insurance) will be required to port to individual polices. Colonial will mail out portability letters to those TM’s and provide you the ability to either continue these individual supplement policies by paying direct to
Colonial, or you may decide to decline if you no longer wish to remain covered under these policies.
• Monarch Casino Resort Spa will extend health benefits for Black Hawk Team Members through June 30th. Team Members will still pay their premiums upon their return to work.
• Humana has provided a Well-being Care Kit for download.
• Paychecks will be mailed on Thursday, April 9th.
• Please read the following Furlough Notification and Update from your Executive Team . Read More
• Please see our new FAQ Page for questions we have received over the past week. These include questions on PTO, Health Benefits (COBRA), and Unemployment Insurance. Read More
Adopted Emergency Rules
As of Friday, 03/20/20, UI adopted emergency rules after the Governor issued Executive Order D 2020 012.
• During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are waiving the standard waiting-week requirement before benefits can be paid. This waiver applies to all claimants regardless of the reason for filing for any waiting week not yet served as of 03/15/20
and later until the Governor’s Executive Order expires. Claimants should select job attached if they have been furloughed or temporarily laid off.
• In compliance with the Colorado Department of Public Health, Monarch Black Hawk will remain closed until April 30th.
• Team Members do not have to wait until April 2nd to file for unemployment. Team Members can file at any time.
• Team Members have been furloughed; Team Members have NOT been laid off. Currently, Monarch intends to bring every Team Member back upon reopening. When filing for Unemployment make sure you are checking the option “job attached.”
Due to being furloughed vs laid off. Please see the attached Guide to Unemployment Benefits for more information
• Team Members need PTO requests in before Tuesday (3/24/2020) to get their PTO on this payroll – (3/26/2020)